Saturday, November 18, 2006

Formal Closure - what have I gained?

Though, I could not complete my entire tour, I have gained a lot from it already!!! What have I gained? Have a look...

==========================================

Mahipal,

I hope you are feeling better and enjoying a little TLC from family as its the best there is!

I was both relieved and saddened to hear that you have decided to end your Tour of India. It was with such good intention and optimism that you undertook this journey (both literal and spiritual) but I think events have really conspired against you and understand it goes against any sense of realism to try to go on.

It was a day I will remember when we met on a humid night in beautiful Palolem and sat down to discuss pretty much everything from religion to philosophy and politics till the early hours. It also brought home to me that I had met someone special as we discussed so many potentially contentious issues yet were able to debate them and still be looking forward to meeting for breakfast the next morning! It was a joy to be able to talk to someone who had such a wonderfully refreshing outlook on life and reassuring to have so much in common with someone with such a different culteral background.

I will definitely be back in India at some point and will of course always stay in touch. I have gone nearly completely round the world now on my own little journey and you are definitely one of the most special people I have met - if you can make it to Canada then there will always be a room for you there.

I would like to end my rambling blog with a quote a Peruvian friend once told me which i think is very relevant:

"God creates them, they find eachother!"


Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your tour and thank you for being a part of my tour.

Take care and i hope your feet get well soon,

Ben
British friend and travelling companion
====================================================

Dear Mahipal

I read your latest Nov 8th writeup on the blog. I was really moved with your writing on your states of mind and your search for peace.

I wish you speedy recovery and all the best in your future endavours.

I'll be very happy to help you in what ever I can. If you are persuing a company career, you are most welcome anytime. You can join our Internal Secruity Team in Mumbai or Pune as per your likings.

Hope you find answers to the questions you have come across soon. I think spiritiualists and philosophers have relavent answers to your queries.

Wishing to soon talk to you and meet you.

Regards
Vasanth Pai
===========================================

Hey Mahipal,

I didn’t know about this endeavor of yours. Well, hats off to you for the braveness that you have shown. You really tried something which most don’t even dare to think of attempting. I saw a lot of your pictures; they are really amazing and show how much you would have enjoyed living your dream. Well, it doesn’t matter much whether you succeeded or you failed, whether you choose one path or another, but you atleast tried and achieved something which others like me won’t. I would like to know more about this tour of yours and would also be interested in knowing more about a lot of things, such as your book, your accident, your experiences, etc. You have surely made me realize that there is much much more to life, beyond our routines, beyond our usual imagination.

I am sure you want to rest for a while at least. I would be coming to India in December second half. I have noted down your number and would surely like to talk to you, if we can’t meet. Eager to see you. Three cheers for you.

Keep in Touch,
Parag Parikh

========================================

No comments: